What to Expect
A scheduled 30-60 minute meeting with a librarian. (Depending on availability, librarians may not be able to accommodate tight deadlines. Book early!)
Meetings may be conducted in-person or remotely (via web conferencing software).
A Librarian Can…
- Critically review your search strategy
- Advise on database selection
- Provide guidance on searching grey literature
- Recommend methods for documenting your search strategy and managing your citations
- Refer you to other resources to support your research (e.g. quality assessment tools)
- Provide advice on publishing
- Help measure your research impact through author identifiers and research metrics
A Librarian Cannot….
- Conduct your search for you
- Accomodate users who have not adequately prepared for their consultation
Preparing for Your Consultation
Review the Preparing for Your Consultation checklist to make sure you are ready to meet with a librarian.