Want to Access Library Resources from Off Campus?
All current McMaster University students, staff and faculty should enter their Mac ID to access McMaster’s electronic resources from off-campus (with the exception of UpToDate).
Resources on the HSL website with have restricted access have a small lock icon.
What is Mac ID?
Your Mac ID is a valid username and password that enables you to login in to a number of McMaster systems and applications including the library. It is not your employee number.
To login, click on the LibAccess icon located in the right column of each of our pages. If you're not logged in, you may be faced with a publisher's login page, or asked to pay a fee for an article or e-book.
Mac ID not working
- Click here for more information on Mac IDs
Don't have a Mac ID?
McMaster University employees and students are eligible to obtain a Mac ID. Information on obtaining or activating your Mac ID can be found at Mac ID - Getting Started
If you do not have a Photo ID Card (“Working at McMaster” card), you can obtain one at the Campustore.
Don’t have a McMaster employee or student number?
If you are affiliated with the University but do not have McMaster employee or student numbers you must contact your program administrator or the Health Research Services Office.
- Educational affiliation
If your affiliation with the McMaster University is through one of the Faculty of Health Sciences educational programs, schools or departments, contact your program administrator who will confirm your affiliation and submit your request for library privileges on your behalf.
- Research affiliation
If your affiliation with McMaster University is connected to a Faculty of Health Sciences research initiative, contact the Health Research Services Office at email@example.com and provide them with:
- your name
- your contact information (including email address and phone number)
- the title appearing on the grant
- a description of your role on the research team
- a description of how library resources will be used to support the project
- the name of Principal Investigator on the grant
- the name of the sponsoring agency(ies) funding the research project. The Faculty of Health Sciences Health Research Services Office will then confirm your affiliation with McMaster University and submit your request for library privileges on your behalf.
For more information, please contact Neera Bhatnagar, Head of Systems & Public Services, Health Sciences Library.