- Opening Files
- Printing & Photocopying
- Other Questions
If your file is on a USB key:
- Go to the Start menu button in the bottom left of the screen
- Open Programs and then Microsoft Office. Choose the application that matches the document you want to open.
- When the application opens, go to File >> Open and then click on My Computer on the left hand side of the page. Select Removeable Disc E: and your file should appear. Double-click it to open.
- Put your USB key into the USB slot on the front of the computer.
- Go to the Start menu button in the bottom left of the computer screen.
- Open the application that matches the file you want to open (MS Word, Acrobat Reader, Excel, etc.)
- Go to File >> Open and browse for your document in Removeable Drive E:
Please Note: the document can only be opened if it is a file created by a program that exists on our public computers. Read a complete list of programs on the library's computers.
See Computers & Software.
Due to security issues, you cannot install a program from a CD or DVD onto a computer in the library, but you ARE able to view files that are saved on a CD or DVD. Open the file the same way you would if it was on a USB key (see above). If you modify a file on a disc, you will have to save it to a USB key as you will not be able to burn it back onto the disc.
We use the campus printing system called Printsmart. For more information, visit PrintSmart Printer/Copier FAQs
The Health Sciences Library has a limited number of headphones which we loan out. Please bring your Library card to the Circulation desk and Library staff will sign out a set to you. You can also bring your own, or purchase headphones in the bookstore or from the Mills Library vending machine.
Yes. Saving a Word 2010 document as a PDF file is a new feature of Word 2010. The option to do so is under the "Save As" menu.