Group Study Rooms Booking Policy
The goal of the Health Sciences Library Group Study Rooms Booking Policy is to provide fair and equitable access to a limited resource.
NOTICE: failure to follow these policies, or other applicable library policies, may result in a temporary or permanent suspension of booking group study rooms.
General Policies Governing the Appropriate Use of Study Rooms:
- Study rooms are available for a maximum period of three hours. No renewals are permitted. However, if another room is available then the student may book that room.
- Study rooms are intended for groups of 2 or more students.
- Rooms may not be reserved or "held" for one person only.
- Group study rooms are intended ONLY for group study.
- Study rooms are NOT available for meetings, classes, tutorials, review sessions, extended office hours, clubs or organizations.
- Groups who are not using the equipment in a viewing room may be asked to relocate if the equipment is needed by another group, and only if another room is available.
- Vacate the study room when your time is up.
- All rooms must be vacated 15 minutes prior to Library closing.
- The Library's Regulations Governing Behaviour applies in all group study rooms
- If you find that a room was left in poor condition by the previous occupants, report this immediately to the Circulation Desk.
- The Library is not responsible for personal items left unattended in these rooms.
- Keys re available to sign out upon request. Charges will apply for keys not returned by the end of the booking time.
- Food is NOT Permitted in Group Study Room - HSC 1B15 due to the sensitive technology in the room.
- Students must register with a valid MAC ID in order to use the online booking system.
- If a booking is no longer needed, it should be cancelled so the room is released for other students to book.
Same Day Study Room Booking:
- Reservations can only be made online.
- No telephone or online reservations will be accepted.
- Available study rooms can be signed out for immediate or same day use on a first-come-first-served basis to all McMaster University students.
- Reservations can be made up to seven days in advance by Faculty of Health Sciences students (see below).
- Each Health Sciences student may have only one pre-booking within a 7 day period. If a student has already pre-booked a room, they are still eligible to use another room on a first come, first served basis.
- Only students in the following departments, schools or programs within the Faculty of Health Sciences are able to pre-book a room:
- Bachelor of Health Sciences
- Biomedical Discovery & Commercialization
- Child Life Studies
- Nursing (McMaster Campus students only)
- Pharmacology Co-op students
- Physician Assistant
- Rehabilitation Sciences
- Residents (all programmes)
- All FHS Graduate Programs (includes Health Research Methodology and Medical Sciences)