There are 14 self-charging lockers available with locking systems similar to hotel room safes.
By using our charging station lockers, you are agreeing to abide by the following terms and conditions:
- The Health Sciences Library will not accept any liability for lost, damaged or stolen items caused by using the charging station.
- Small lockers 1-4 have a Micro USB (non Apple devices) and 2 Apple Lightning (iPhone 5 & newer) cables inside. Suitable for mobile phones only, not for laptops or tablets.
- Small lockers 5-12 have a Micro USB (non Apple devices), a Micro USB 3.0 and an Apple Lightning (iPhone 5 & newer) and an Apple 30-pin cables inside. Suitable for mobile phones only, not for laptops or tablets.
- Large lockers 13-14 have a Micro USB (non Apple devices), a Micro USB 3.0 and an Apple Lightning (iPhone 5 & newer) and an Apple 30-pin cables inside. Suitable for small tablets.
- The library does not provide additional charging cables if your device is not compatible with the cables provided.
- You are responsible for remembering your 4-digit pin code to access the locker. If you forget your 4-digit pin code, submit the Mobile Devices Charging Station Problem form to the library service desk. Mobile devices will only be retrieved Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. by authorized library staff. Patrons must be present when devices are retrieved. Absolutely no service is available on weekday evenings, weekends, or holidays.
- Lockers are available for use during regular opening hours.
- The charging lockers are available free of charge to any library user regardless if you possess a library card.
- There is no limit to the number of times that you can access the locker while charging your device.
- Library materials MUST NOT be placed in the lockers.
- No food or perishable items may be placed in the lockers.
- No illegal substances may be placed in the lockers. Security and/or library staff will report such materials to Hamilton Police Services.
- No personal items such as keys and wallets may be left in the lockers.
- Library and security staff will carry out spot-checks for unacceptable contents and inappropriate use on a regular basis. Inappropriate materials will be removed from the lockers.
- Misuse or physical damage of the lockers may lead to disciplinary action and suspension from using the Health Sciences Library's materials or space.
- Devices left in the charging stations for more than one business day will be turned over to Hamilton Health Sciences Security.
Failure to follow these policies, or other applicable library policies, may result in a temporary or permanent suspension of privileges
For clarification, questions or concerns, please contact Neera Bhatnagar, Head of Systems & Public Services.